Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Real Estate Questions?

Then look here. A lot of people already know about this site, and they're rolling their eyes wondering why this qualifies as news. To those people, I point to the tagline of this blog that says I can also discuss "issues." So there.

Behind the Mortgage is a blog written by Twin Cities mortgage banker Alex Stenback. He puts a lot of effort into it, and it's absolutely brilliant. I've been turning to it a lot when a Wall Street Journal article about the mortgage mess leaves me with questions. It's also got lots of interesting little tidbits about the Twin Cities real estate market. My personal favorite is reading about the condo market crashing - come on folks, $1 million for a big apartment? Seriously? (And I say this with my fingers crossed behind my back, because I could be talked into buying one as a second home when I'm making buckets of money post-b-school. Ha!)

Enough joking... If you have questions about what lenders are doing and why, what a sub-prime mortgage is, why you should care about people who paid only interest on their mortgage and went to the Caribbean instead of paying down principal like any smart person should (oops, I said no jokes), this blog is great. If you wonder about a development near you, chances are that Alex has written about it. If you're thinking of buying, selling, looking, or going to the Parade of Homes, check out his blog. You'll get sucked in.